Saturday, October 30, 2010

Heading to States

Well, here we go again, as I say this with a smile. We are off to Hershey. Three have qualified. Nate with his second District X championship in a row, along with Hunter. Danielle for the Girls. A great day transpired. It is always a wonderful and a sad day on this day. I always hope for so much more because so many deserve it. I have been so blessed with wonderful young adults. I take this day with a grain of salt and smile and think about what could have been. That's the beauty of competition. Morgan and Tanner and Alexis all ran well. Others set personal bests today. It is a blessing to witness. And our two seniors' seasons ended today, and that is always something I think on for a long while.

My faith in our program and the love I feel for the runners, and the fortune I have always had to have the best coaches with me makes me very proud and extremely blessed. I do feel as if this is all about our family--the SHS XC team. It's not over yet. We still have work to do. And we will. And we will do well. I believe that. I believe.

3 comments:

GF said...

Congratulations to Danielle, Hunter and Nate as well as the rest of the runners. You make SHS very proud. I can't wait to see how you do in Hershey.

Mack said...

I'd like to thank everyone that ran this year. I couldn't have asked for a better team. I doubt Tyler and Tanner will see this, but they both had great seasons and its gonna be tough to imagine the team without them. Overall great season everyone! Maybe next year it won't take me half a season to get in shape:P

Fuzzy said...

I want to congratulate Nate, Hunter, and Danielle on making it to states. I know how hard they worked all season and the miles they put on to get where they are. Also, I want to congratulate everyone on a great season. For those who didn't make it to states, we are a young team, keep working hard and you never know where you could end up next season. It is going to be hard to imagine next season without Arms and Tanner. Those are some big shoes to fill. They both were a big part of what we did as a team this year. Thank you everyone for a great and memorable season. But its not over yet, we still have one race left and you never know what could happen. In the words of Coach Hetrick: Just Believe!

Mack we are gonna be like Thunder and Lightening this offseason! BAM!