Saturday, November 5, 2011

State Championships

It is the morning of the PIAA State Championship meet. It is around 30 degrees as I sit here with Fuzzy in our hotel room. It is supposed to be 42 by race time, 11:30. We are in box 47 out of 48. It is a nice position. Houck and Fuzzy will space themselves out at various points along the course, and I will be there for the start and then the finish.

Those 15 minutes that I see nothing I live a lifetime. So much is happening and I have to wait. It always gives me time to reflect on the season, these particular runners, and this beautiful day that God has given us.

Our sport and its participants make me a better person. I am quite thankful for all of you and the blessings you bring to my life.

I am thinking of Nate and Hunter and hope their day ends as it should. Good luck!

No comments: