Thursday, August 23, 2012

Well . . . well . . . well . . .

Some of you seem to be reading the blog.  Good.  Today, we ran 3x1-milers.  It went well, for most of you.  Some of you are starting to see the ever-so-slight injuries creeping in.  This is from a lack of summer training.  Work through it as best you can.  Remember--no practice, no racing.  But if you're hurt, please sit, stretch, ice, and try to recover.  

Ask yourself these questions:  Am I running my evening minutes? (this is done to work out the lactic acid that built up during the intense morning workout)  Did I do my Danielle Stretches (more than at practice)?  Did I ice properly after I got home?  Did my nutrition today reflect my positive running attitude? 


The things your coaches have you do are absolutely based on solid scientific evidence.  You cannot neglect your body's right to recover and prepare for future workouts.  

Good work today.  I like to think we are bonding as a unit, working toward common goals, and having fun in the process.  

No comments: